VivaQuant ECG Analysis Services
Streamlined results allow researchers to focus on the science
Download full brochure (pdf).
VivaQuantTM ECG analysis services are the choice of leading CROs, medical device firms and pharmaceutical companies to provide dependable and accurate reporting of cardiac arrhythmias and intervals from preclinical and clinical ECGs in biomedical research. VivaQuant ECG analysis services leverage VivaQuant's proprietary Rhythm ExpressTM software incorporating patented Multi-Domain Signal Processing (MDSPTM) technology, the new standard for analyzing noisy ECG recordings often encountered in ambulatory research subjects. The efficiency and precision enabled by this unique technology allows us to provide extremely cost-effective services and state-of-the-art accuracy .
Unique Tools -> Differentiated Services
MDSP removes up to 95% of noise without distorting the underlying ECG signal, which facilitates highly accurate detection of ECG beats and associated intervals and arrhythmias. The time required for manual confirmation of results is therefore minimized and we provide a very high beat-to-beat density of intervals, even with relatively poor signal quality. Optional reporting of J to T-peak and T-peak to T-end parameters provides a novel assessment of arrhythmia liability. For studies where arrhythmia liability is of high concern, VivaQuant has partnered with Fossa Consulting, LLC to offer the combined power of QT beat-to-beat and restitution analyses to greatly improve your ability to distinguish between risky and safe drugs (see separate brochure).
Benefits of using VivaQuant services:
- Highest quality comprehensive results at reduced cost.
- Professional graphical and tabular reports.
- Researchers can maintain focus on the science.
- Enhanced interpretation and decision-making.
- Accurate measurements result in low variability and excellent statistical power.
- Optimized QRS detection facilitates highly accurate arrhythmia interpretation.
- Ability to evaluate QT during periods of varying automatic state that prohibit use of QTc (QTbtb).
- Optional JTp and Tpe intervals provide incremental assessment of proarrhythmia liability.
PDF Arrhythmia Report
AE-1010 Interval Review provides beat-to-beat trend plots for intervals, raw and denoised ECG traces, and an interval table. The trend plots display ventricular ectopic beats (V), supraventricular ectopic beats (A), late beats (Y), dropped beats (W) and statistical outliers in distinct colors with tools to efficiently review and edit individual or groups of beats.
Depending on study need, the following arrhythmias can be reported: Atrial Fibrillation, Bradycardia, Pause, SVE Couplet, SVE Run, Tachycardia, VE Bigeminy, VE Couplet, VE Premature, VE Run, AV Block, Junctional Escape, Atrial Flutter. In addition, the following "abnormal" beat types are reported: Ventricular Ectopic (VE), Supraventricular Ectopic (SVE), Late Beats, and Dropped Beats.
Service offerings include:
- Manual screening and confirmation of automated interval and arrhythmia results.
- Quantification of arrhythmia incidence and burden and measurement of PR, QRS, RR, QT, QTc and optionally JTp and TpTe intervals.
- Provision of arrhythmias and beat-to-beat intervals in detailed tabular text format and in PDF reports with numeric and graphical summaries.
- Evaluation by pharmaceutical scientists, physiologists, and statisticians with more than 75 years’ experience with ECG analysis, preclinical research, and drug development.
- Customized analysis and reports available upon request.
- QT beat-to-beat (QTbtb) analysis for assessment of QT interval changes without use of correction factors or binning.
- ECG restitution analysis for assessment of cardiac stress and proarrhythmia liability.
- Review by a board certified cardiologist.
 M. Brockway, R. Hamlin. Evaluation of an algorithm for highly automated measurements of QT interval. J Pharmacol Toxicol Methods. 2011; 64:16-24. Read more >